Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Great Quote

I have thought that to breed a noble horse is to share with God in one of His mysteries, as well as one of His delights
_Tom Lea

I am not sure if being a cowgirl is for the freedom or for the companionship of the horse. There is nothing in the world as grand as the sweet smell of my horses flesh and nothing as grand as the freedom I feel in my boots and jeans astride my horses. When you develop a relationship with your horses you feel as though you have been elevated closer to God. Nothing in my mind compares. I try very hard to spend time with all my animals, they seem to reward me with their welcoming behavior. My chickens hurry out of the coop to Crow and to chuckle at me. My cats follow me and beg for my attention, and hug and nuzzle me when I pick them up. My horses fight to be the first to be touched when I enter the pasture. What more could I ask for? If that isn't a gift from God, I don't know what is.

No comments: