Tuesday, July 7, 2009


Control is in the Training, Not the other way around.
(Training gives you control of your horse. Control does not make a horse trained.)
If I have learned nothing more in my life with horses its that it take time to make a great horse and there is no sence rushing. God made horses live a long time so you might as well slow down.
When I was young I could get my horse to do anything no trouble no hesitation. I asked myself why? Then I realized it was because I spent time with my horse. I spent hours riding and grooming and just grazing him. We need to slow down with our horses and take the time. Native Americans lived with their horses, they spent time with them. They were unbelievable riders and thier horses were steady and trustworthy even in fierce battle.
So spend some time just being in the moment with your horse. Live in horse time for a day. See what happens to your relationship with your horse.



No comments: