Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Thawt I Saw A Puddy Tat I Did I Did Saw One

I Well about 12:00 a.m. I wake up from the stupor I was in after falling asleep in the recliner. (A Really bad habit I have developed this summer) I go into my bedroom check to see the window is open just he right amount, about an 1 1/2" perfect for the cool weather, crawl into my down mattress covered bed and cover up with my down comforter. I cough a bit which is part of my fall ritual. I get settled and I hear Mew Mew sounds like a kitten, I have been expecting one. That is hard to explain but it is something I seem to know ahead of time. I have wanted one to keep my Found Her company this winter and hopefully help her stay warm, but I have not been sure she would like company, so I have not pursued a kitten, I decided to let her and the Universe make the decision. I wait to see if the mew noise is on the TV that is still roaring in the living room, and I hear it again right outside my bedroom window. I get up go outside thought I saw a tiny black kitten, but I guess it was a shadow, I go back in the house to get pants and shoes since I only have a night gown on, I go back out and there I see a pretty yellow-gold short hair cat probably last winter's kitten, not a tiny one its a male about half grown but not adult, it comes right up to the door as soon as it sees me peering out at it and he pathetically cries. He is not the kitten I expected but it is a male like I expected maybe he is the one? I knew I should not have done it but there was a can of food here that Found Her wont eat so I open it go to the door and the poor thing walks over and lays down and rolls to greet me, just like Found Her does, I put the can out and he goes to town eating it. He actually looks very healthy and like he has not missed a meal but he is hungry and knew to come to the door. I remember earlier someone was stopping just up the road from the house and I wonder if they dropped the poor thing off. In the country this seems to be a all too familiar scenario, people get pets let them have litters of babies then decide they have too many and drop them off at the first farm house they find. They either get ate by coyotes or get hit by cars or worse die of a long slow cold starving death during winter. I have seen cats and dogs treated this way. Heck there used to be some tame bunnies up by the cemetery that probably got dropped off. People in the country often shoot strays, people hate that idea but it seems less cruel than the alternative. My other half will not be happy that I fed it but I can't let it starve and he is not likely to shoot it he is pretty kind hearted anymore despite his upbringing. The cat does not seem to have hunting skills or it would not be up at the house on a night like this with a full moon, hunting should be good tonight for a cat. This cat needs to be at the barn, I hope he goes there, but I hope that he does not try to beat up my old girl if he does go to the barn. If he does go to the barn and behaves himself I will know that he is the puddy tat we are expecting. I guess we will have to wait to see.



No comments: