Monday, October 13, 2008

Well that did not go like I planned

As you can see this summer did not go as planned no blogging as promised. Things in my life seem to be that way, I just accept it and go on. I was planning to work 3-4 days a week then I ended up working 6 days a week. Whew, things have slowed down but as you know that makes money tight.
Anyway. Chicky A. Chicken and Scooter A. Chicken, are living very comfortable in their new home and they love it. But, they still jump up and down at the cage door when I drive into the barn drive. They follow me around like puppies when I let them out of the pen. Scooter has Chicky worship really bad, I have not figured out if it is because he thinks she is his momma or if he just knows how to treat a woman. Whenever he finds a bug or juicy night crawler he just chirps and chirps until Chicky comes running and he just steps aside and lets her have it. He always tells when he finds something good, and she always takes it. I guess he just loves her. When I let them out they both take off on a dead run to see if there is any cat food left in the cats bowl they seem to think that is Chicken Caviar. I don't know if you have ever seen chickens run but it is hilarious.
Scooter decided one day to just light into Found Her (the cat). Now picture this she is a nice little cat but, that chicken is about the size of a fat pigeon and this cat rules the barn. She was so appalled that he even had the nerve to try to pick on her that she just looks at him in discussed and walks away. What a dynamic.
As for the cat, Found Her, I bought the little heated Kitty Kabin she wants nothing to do with it it is smaller than her other bed so I think I will be putting the heater in there for her. I have to get one of those heaters for the chickens too.
Mare and Gelding are fat and sassy ready for winter. They have been having regular jaunts out to the woods and around. Gelding is loving his job, but still not working cattle like we planned. Once he has that job I know there will be no stopping him. Mare could care less she will do whatever I want she always has the attitude that she will do what it takes to get along she just wants to hang around and look pretty trail riding is her thing I think. She is the sweetest girl.
I do some clicker training with them, actually after I got Mare that helped her come out of her shell. Many horses that have been neglected or abused get that glazed over behavior, so clicker training was a nice thing for her. Gelding likes it too, when I get out the clicker he goes through every trick he knows to get a click. Mare will drop her head, touch whatever I have in my hand and try all her tricks too. Too funny to watch them you would think they were a couple mentally challenged horses if you did not know what they were doing. Gelding likes to pick things up and throw them with his mouth. When Mare gets a treat she has to run right over and lick the salt block must be she likes the sweet then salty taste. Pretty amazing how much character my critter friends have. I am pretty blessed to share my life with them and I hope they feel that way about me.

No comments: